|About Dr. Ming Wang|
|Harvard & MIT
(MD, magna cum laude)
PhD (laser physics)
- Harvard & MIT (MD, magna cum laude); PhD (laser physics)
- Over 55,000 LASIK and cataract procedures (including on over 4,000 doctors)
- The FIRST center in TN to offer laser cataract surgery
- Introduced bladeless all-laser LASIK to the state
- Implanted the state's first Forever Young lens
- The first surgeon in the US to perform a new Intacs surgery to treat keratoconus
- Helped patients from 40 states and 55 countries
- International referral center for cataract surgery and LASIK complications
- Read Dr. Wang's book: LASIK Vision Correction
Why did you decide to have LASIK? Why did you choose Dr. Wang? How has your life changed since your LASIK procedure? What is your advice for people considering LASIK? - Click to see more
|Home||Print This Page|
The First to offer 3D Bladeless Intralase LASIK in Tennessee
Bladeless Intralase LASIK completely eliminates the use of any surgical blade in the LASIK procedure`
Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center, Nashville, Tennessee
|3D LASIK – TN’s only|
1) Dr. Wang was the first in the world, and is currently the ONLY surgeon in TN, to perform 3D LASIK!
2) While other centers may use 3D technology for pre-surgical testing, Wang Vision is the only center in TN that uses 3D technology to help perform the actual LASIK surgery itself.
3) Dr. Wang performed the state’s first bladeless all-laser LASIK, and currently is the only surgeon in the state who uses this technology to perform 100% of the LASIK procedures.
4) A graduate of Harvard & MIT (MD, magna cum laude), Dr. Wang is also one of the few cataract & LASIK surgeons in the world today who holds a doctorate degree in laser physics.
|Dr. Wang's Bladeless LASIK Celebrity patients|
|Kenney Chesney||Dolly Parton||Julianne Hough, winner, "Dancing with the Stars"|
|3 Doors Down's Brad Arnold||3 Doors Down's Todd||Rudy Kalis|
|Jo Dee Messina||Naomi Judd||Jeremy Davis|
Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center is typically the first in the state to introduce:
- Bladeless all-laser LASIK (see below)
- C-CAP procedure to treat LASIK complications
- CustomVue Wavefront LASIK / PRK
- "Forever Young Lens™": new multifocal lens for cataract surgery, which provide both distance and near vision
- Intacs procedure for keratoconus. WVI performed the world's firstfemtosecond laser-assisted Intacs on a keratoconus graft
- Implantable Contact Lenses (ICL)
- Sutureless pterygium removal with amniotic membrane graft and biological glue
- Endothelial cell transplantation to treat Fuch's (DSAEK)
- Phototherapeutic keratectomy (PTK) to remove corneal scarring
- Laser-assisted corneal transplantation. WVI performed the world's first femtosecond laser-assisted corneal transplantation on a post-cataract surgery eye
- Boston K artificial cornea implantation. WVI performed middle TN's first Boston K, and the world's first laser-assisted artificial cornea (Alphacor) implantation.
- Amniotic membrane transplantatin (AMT)
|3D LASIK - TN’s FIRST & ONLY
$1,000* off before !
The most severe surgical flap complications are related to problems with flap creation using a surgical blade (“microkeratome”). Reports in medical literature document increased safety using the bladeless Intralase technique and Dr. Wang feels this method is superior to previous blade technology.
Two lasers are used in our bladeless Intralase LASIK procedure. The Intralase laser is a femtosecond laser (0.000000000000001 second), different from the type used to resurface the eye. It directs its laser beam into a tiny 3 micron (0.003 mm) spot, which is focused to a precise depth within the cornea.
In one minute, using computer precision and an extremely high speed of delivery, approximately 1 million pulses are delivered to the exact location desired by the surgeon. Discrete laser bursts create a million tiny bubbles which result in separation of the cornea and creation of the flap.
The surgeon lifts the flap and uses another type of laser (Visx Star 4) to correct the vision. Dr. Wang performs an excimer laser treatment to resurface the eye, allowing you to see without glasses. After the excimer laser treatment, the flap is placed back into its original position.
Articles about 3D bladeless all-laser LASIK:
- The world's first 3D image-guided high-definition LASIK
- Tennessee's ONLY center that has the 3D LASIK and 3D catararact surgery technology
- Bladeless LASIK reduces fear factor of vision correction surgery - Advanced Laser Technology in Nashville Boosts Patient Confidence and Results in Having Vision Correction Surgery
- Click here to read Dr. Wang's textbook on LASIK: LASIK VISION Correction
- Frequently asked questions about bladeless Intralase LASIK surgery
- Frequently asked questions about 3D technique
If you're interested in bladeless Intralase LASIK, choose experience and technology. Choose Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center, Nashville, Tennessee. Call
(615) 321-8881 or email us today.
* Please note that this promotional discount cannot be combined with any other discount or savings certificate.
Dr Wang's new texbooks
A 501c(3) charity that has helped patients from over 40 states in the US and 55 countries, with all sight restoration surgeries performed free-of-charge.