|About Dr. Ming Wang|
|Harvard & MIT
(MD, magna cum laude)
PhD (laser physics)
- Harvard & MIT (MD, magna cum laude); PhD (laser physics)
- Over 55,000 LASIK and cataract procedures (including on over 4,000 doctors)
- The FIRST center in TN to offer laser cataract surgery
- Introduced bladeless all-laser LASIK to the state
- Implanted the state's first Forever Young lens
- The first surgeon in the US to perform a new Intacs surgery to treat keratoconus
- Helped patients from 40 states and 55 countries
- International referral center for cataract surgery and LASIK complications
- Read Dr. Wang's book: LASIK Vision Correction
Why did you decide to have LASIK? Why did you choose Dr. Wang? How has your life changed since your LASIK procedure? What is your advice for people considering LASIK? - Click to see more
|Home||Print This Page|
Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center, Nashville, Tennessee
Glaucoma is one of the leading causes of blindness in the United States, and the most common cause of blindness among African Americans. More than three million people have glaucoma, but half do not realize it because there are often no warning symptoms. People who have a family history of glaucoma, are African American, or are age 60 or older are at increased risk. Early detection and treatment of glaucoma can preserve sight.
There are rarely any symptoms in the early stages of the disease so it is important to have your eyes checked. At WVI, we can diagnose glaucoma on the basis of intraocular pressure, visual field results and optic nerve head appearance. We have advanced tools to diagnose and manage this potentially blinding disease.
If you want to learn more about Galaucoma treatment at Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center, Nashville, TN, please contact us by calling (615)321-8881 or email us.
A 501c(3) charity that has helped patients from over 40 states in the US and 55 countries, with all sight restoration surgeries performed free-of-charge.