|About Dr. Ming Wang|
|Harvard & MIT
(MD, magna cum laude);
PhD (laser physics)
- Harvard & MIT (MD, magna cum laude); PhD (laser physics)
- Over 55,000 LASIK and cataract procedures (including on over 4,000 doctors)
- The FIRST center in TN to offer laser cataract surgery
- Introduced bladeless all-laser LASIK to the state
- Implanted the state's first Forever Young lens
- The first surgeon in the US to perform a new Intacs surgery to treat keratoconus
- Helped patients from 40 states and 55 countries
- International referral center for cataract surgery and LASIK complications
- Read Dr. Wang's book: LASIK Vision Correction
Why did you decide to have LASIK? Why did you choose Dr. Wang? How has your life changed since your LASIK procedure? What is your advice for people considering LASIK? - Click to see more
|Home||Print This Page|
Dr. Wang, Nashville, TN Eye Surgeon
Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center, Nashville, Tennessee
- Founder and chairman, Wang Foundation for Sight Restoration
- Founder and chairman, Wang Foundation for Christian Outreach to China
- Founding president, Tennessee Chinese Chamber of Commerce
- Creator, www.diverseculturalevents.com
- Co-founder, Tennessee Immigrant and Minority Business Group
- Personal website
|Ming Wang gives lecture on life, eye health, music
Click here to read the full article on Tennessee Tech Oracle
|Dr. Ming Wang On News Radio 1510 WLAC for the Conservative Law and Politics Show
|Dr. Ming Wang On Doing Business With China chats with Dr. Alvin
"THE REMARKABLE STORY OF DR. MING WANG", By Israel Ortega August 24, 2015, OpportunityLives.com
"THE PURPOSE OF DIVERSITY AND WHY IT ACTUALLY MATTERS", The Connect Magazine, Winter 2017
Issues of Faith: Faith & Science
Ben Hall sits down with Dr. Ming Wang to discuss the relationship between faith and science.
Click here to learn more.
"DR. MING WANG CAME LOOKING FOR HOPE AND FOUND COMMUNITY", NeatNashville.org, Mar 24, 2016
Tennessean article: Ming Wang learned dance to save his life
|Smokey Barn News: interview & er-hu|
|"Pominent Doctor Says Faith and Science Can Work Together", The College Fix, by Dr Ming Wang, July 22, 2013|
|Be the People interview|
|Amniotic membrane contact lens for corneal wound healing and sight restoration: faith and science, friends or foes?|
|A blind man can see after a decade in darkness!
Click here to see the TBN program broadcasted recently. It is a heartwarming story, featuring a blind patient who could see again and Dr. Ming Wang.
|An Eye on the Eternal
The Nashville eye surgeon and professor is world-renowned for his work in laser vision correction and pioneering research in sight restoration; in the decidedly more ethereal world of ballroom dancing... Read More...
Dolly Parton's CD: Those were the days
Doctor Ming Wang, on Chinese violin (er-hu)
Music and Medicine
30 years later, Dr. Ming
Wang once again picks
up the Chinese violin
(er-hu) and plays …
Click here ....
|WHAT are the colors, of that woman's dress?!
To find out, News, Ch 5/WTVF/CBS
- Ming Wang, Bridging the Gaps of Need with a Passion for Giving
- American Music Channel Honors Ming Wang, M.D.'s Music for Sight
- Dr. Wang's bio as a board member of Refractive EyeCare
- Dr. Wang's textbook on LASIK: LASIK Vision Correction
- Nashville Business Journal interview with Dr. Wang
- Dr. Wang performed in a concert benefiting young music students
- Tennessee Chinese Chamber of Commerce (Ming Wang, founding president)
- Wang Foundation for sight Restoration (Ming Wang, founder and chairman)
|For more information on Dr. Ming Wang, see his personal web page.|
|Click to read an article in the Tennessean about Dr. Wang's EyeBall and life story||A video about Dr. Wang's passion, art, medical and charity work in US/China|
|Ballroom Dancing||Music with Dolly|
November/December 2010, Nashville Christian Family
You’ve probably heard of Dr. Ming Wang. If you live in Middle Tennessee, chances are, you have seen his exquisite ball room dancing in his television advertisements for the Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center. The director of the state-of-the-art laser facility for refractive surgery is a world renowned laser surgeon, scientist, chemist, and inventor as well as a ballroom dancer. His drive to succeed and a talent in the arts were cultivated during his fascinating childhood. Read More...
Ming Wang, MD, PhD has an extensive educational and clinical background.
- 1982-86 -- PhD in Laser Physics
- 1987-91 -- MD (magna cum laude) Harvard Medical School and MIT, Boston, MA
- 1992-93 -- Ocular Genetics Fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- 1993-96 -- Residency in Ophthalmology at Wills Eye Hospital
- 1996-97 -- Cornea/Refractive Surgery Fellowship at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami, FL
- 1997-2002 -- Founding Director of Vanderbilt Laser Sight Center, Nashville, TN
- 2002-Present -- Founding Director of Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center
- 2002-Present -- Attending Surgeon, Saint Thomas Hospital, Nashville, TN
- 2005-Present -- Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, University of Tennessee; co-owner and international president, Shanghai Aier Eye Hospital
- Click to view Dr. Wang's CV (Resume)
Dr. Ming Wang, a modern-day Renaissance man and a true artist
An innovative eye surgeon, a laser physicist, a champion ballroom dancer, a musician and a philanthropist, Ming Wang, M.D., Ph.D. is the epitome of a modern-day Renaissance man and a true artist. A Harvard & MIT graduate (MD, magna cum laude) and as one of the few LASIK eye surgeons in the world who hold a doctorate degree in laser physics, Dr. Wang is a researcher with a publication in the world renowned journal “Nature”, holds several US patents for inventions of new biotechnologies to restore sight, performed over 55,000 LASIK and cataract surgeries (including on over 4,000 doctors), performed the world’s first femtosecond laser-assisted artificial cornea implantation and founded a charity sight restoration foundation that helped patients from over 40 states in US and 55 countries with all sight restoration surgeries performed free of charge. Click to read more ...
Why choose Dr. Wang to care for your eyes?
- He is one of the leading cataract surgeons in the US who has dual qualifications in both cataract surgery and LASIK .
- He helped introduce premium IOL (Forever Young Lens™) to cataract surgery to our state
- His educational background in laser physics as well as medicine makes him uniquely qualified to care for your eyes during your vision correction procedure.
- He brought bladeless Intralase LASIK technology to TN, and thus has the most experience with this technology.
- He specializes in management of complications resulting from surgical vision correction surgery, and lectureds internationally on the topic. He is one of a small number of doctors in the US who performs the Custom-CAP procedure for patients suffering from decentered ablations.
- His practice is not limited to LASIK. He also performs implantable contact lens procedures, and medical procedures such as INTACS for keratoconus and pterygium removal.
- He offers the only active cornea fellowship in Tennessee, and has taught and certified surgeons worldwide.
- He is an accomplished researcher -- See Dr. Wang's CV and review his publications
- He was a former panel consultant to the US FDA Ophthalmic Device Panel, and evaluated LASIK in the 1990s.
- Based on his stem cell and amniotic membrane research, he obtained a US patent of a new biotechnology used to reduce corneal blindness after injury. Dr. Wang is at the forefront in the development of new eye reconstructive surgeries to restore vision in patients who have been previously diagnosed as blind. Pateints from over 50 countries have contacted him for assistance with their visual health. For more information on Dr. Ming Wang, see his personal web page.
If you're interested in laser vision correction or cataract surgery, choose experience and technology. Choose Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center of Nashville, Tennessee. Call or email us today.
Dr Wang's new texbooks
A 501c(3) charity that has helped patients from over 40 states in the US and 55 countries, with all sight restoration surgeries performed free-of-charge.